Astbury Mere Care Home, Congleton, Cheshire

Astbury Mere Care Home is a modern purpose-built home in the heart of Congleton. Opened in 2010, for the past 8 years they have provided quality nursing, residential and dementia care to those requiring their services in East Cheshire.

Staff at Astbury Mere are highly skilled and passionate about enhancing the day to day lives of their residents through the consistent delivery of exceptional care. Two full-time leisure and wellness coordinators work to ensure a fulfilling programme of events, trips and activities are available to their residents to promote physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. In addition, a fully trained head chef prepares delicious and nutritious menus suitable to meet individual dietary requirements.

If you are looking for a care home for yourself or a loved one, you can be confident that Astbury Mere is the right choice.

Group: Porthaven Care Homes

Person in charge: Emma Harding (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire East Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 62 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Motor Neurone Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Independent Living Training • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Visitors welcome at any time.

Ample parking available on site.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Astbury Mere Care Home: click here

9.3 Astbury Mere Care Home has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.348)

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Astbury Mere Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 17 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Astbury Mere Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.622 for Astbury Mere Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (139 Excellents x 5) + (49 Goods x 4) + (12 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 201 Ratings = 4.622

The 4.726 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Astbury Mere Care Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12.4 positive Reviews (62 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 12.4 Target = 0.726

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Astbury Mere Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Astbury Mere Care Home

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

My wife who has Alzheimer's was in Astbury Mere for two weeks of respite care. I have nothing but praise for the professional management and care that my wife has had throughout her stay. The pleasant ambience of the home would be hard to surpass. It was clean, light and airy in a pleasant location. The staff are of the best.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum moved to Astbury Mere in February 2017. Placing her in care was very hard for my sister and I. The guilt we felt was tremendous. Staff have assured us Mum has never asked to go home throughout the time she has been a resident at Astbury. My sister and I have come to believe Mum is contented and happy there. This was confirmed to us recently when Mum said (totally unprompted) "this place is quite nice, I'm glad you found this place for me". Given that our mum spent several years fighting against help and saying 'promise you'll never put me in a nursing home' my sister and I feel we have our mum's blessing for our decision, and this is testament also to the care Astbury Mere has shown us all over the past year.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased with the whole concept at Astbury Mere Care Home. My husband is happy here and the staff are wonderful. The whole place whilst very caring and supportive is filled with light, beautiful lounges and gardens to walk around or sit in. I couldn't wish for anything better than Astbury Mere Care Home to care for the person I have spent most of my life with. A big thank you to everyone knowing that my loved one is settled and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent home. Very clean, friendly and caring. Beautiful gardens. Car park could be bigger.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Extremely Likely

I think it's very good. I think the attention we get sometimes could do with a little upgrading.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Likely

I think this is top marks for everything. No complaints and an extremely pleasant home. I previously stayed for a few weeks but now permanent.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother lived here for the last 3 1/2 years of her life. She died in Jan 2017 aged 92. At first, her quality of life was as good as possible despite losing her independence. She had a comfortable room, made new friends, enjoyed meals in the dining room and was able to wander out into the garden. Recently when seriously ill the staff were brilliant, extremely kind and enabled my mother to die peacefully at the care home as she wished.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have visited 11 dementia homes in the past 8 months in the Stockport and Greater Manchester area. NOT one comes close to the care, fantastic staff and experience at Astbury Mere Care Home. Taking my mum out of her home where she had lived for over 30 years was a living nightmare for me and my sister as we couldn't physically cope with the deterioration of Mum's disease. We felt very alone and most of the other care homes showed little understanding of the relatives point of view. The staff at Astbury Mere Care Home put a broken family back together, they are angels in our eyes. A safe, warm, clean, trustworthy, bright, happy, healthy, friendly home.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Harding, Home Manager at Astbury Mere Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2017:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of our lovely home. Caring for our relatives, as well as our residents have always been a priority for the team and I will make sure to share your kind comments with them all. Thank you, Emma.

Since mum joined the home, she has been treated with kindness, dignity and respect. Her care has been excellent in every way. Not only is mum cared for and supported, but we as a family have also received support in so many ways. The home is very professionally run, yet has that "homely" feeling that is so important - they look after you! All staff (in every department) work very hard - nothing is too much trouble for them.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for sharing your experience about Astbury Mere Care Home. Your feedback is wonderful to hear and I will share with all of the team. Best wishes, Emma

Mum has been in the home for 4 years. She is loved by all the staff who are amazing with her. There are lots of activities which the residents are encouraged to join in! It is a home from home! As relatives, we are made to feel very welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Harding, Home Manager at Astbury Mere Care Home responded to this review on 17 Jan 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review our home. I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to the team. Best wishes, Emma.

We visit many care homes but the welcome we receive here is amazing. Every member of staff is so caring and they always ensure the residents are their priority. I observe the way they are with them and it's unique, they go above their duty to ensure the residents are happy, safe and comfortable and they put the needs of residents first.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Extremely Likely

100% for care staff and food. All of the staff down to housekeeping are 100%. I cannot praise this care home enough, when my auntie moved in she we were told she would have a week to live, 5 years on and she is still there. That says it all. I cannot fault the staff, they are absolutely amazing.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Harding, Home Manager at Astbury Mere Care Home responded to this review on 07 Jun 2016:

Dear P M - thank you for sharing your opinion of Astbury Mere. The staff will really appreciate your kind words, as do I. Best wishes, Emma.

Regarding my mother's care at end of life on 1/4/16. The care she and my family received was second to none. Staff of all fields did all they could including tea, coffee and biscuits while we sat with her for her last five days. We feel as a family that we could not have been treated better anywhere and her death was painless as possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Harding, Home Manager at Astbury Mere Care Home responded to this review on 18 Apr 2016:

Dear Richard, thank you for writing such wonderful comments about the team at such a difficult time. We're all so very sorry for your loss but I am extremely proud that my team were able to provide some comfort to you and your family. With warmest wishes, Emma

Our father spent his last few weeks at Astbury Mere Care Home. We shall be forever grateful for the kindness and care of all of the staff who helped. They were a tremendous support to him and to our family during a difficult time.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Harding, Home Manager at Astbury Mere Care Home responded to this review on 29 Mar 2016:

Thank you for sharing your experience of our home Gail. I will pass on these lovely comments to the team here at Astbury Mere. With all best wishes, Emma

My aunty moved in to Asbury as a permanent resident after four weeks respite, it is a big change for her but everyone has been very kind, helpful and caring. I have come in contact with staff in all areas, all are welcoming, helpful and polite. The residents meeting was informative, interesting. It's a shame more relatives don't take the time to go! I spend a lot of time in the home and apart from a few 'niggles' I have seen nothing that would make me feel unhappy about her living there. It's a lovely place with a full activities programme and events held regularly.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Harding, Home Manager at Astbury Mere Care Home responded to this review on 22 Mar 2016:

Hi Lisa and thanks for taking the time to review our home. These are great comments and I'm glad to hear that you are pleased with Astbury Mere. The resident and relatives meetings are a superb forum to share ideas and feedback and it's encouraging to hear that you have found these useful. Best wishes, Emma

Both my mother and father have been residents in the dementia wing this year (as the previous 3 years). My mother died peacefully in the home in May and I was pleased to be with her when she passed from this world. When I was unable to be there at all times someone was either close or with her which was just as I would expect from a really caring set of carers and nurses. My father is still being looked after well.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma, Home Manager at Astbury Mere Care Home responded to this review on 07 Jan 2016:

Dear Peter, thank you so much for your kind words which I will ensure are relayed to the care team. Best wishes, all the team at Astbury Mere!

Always a good safe ratio of staff to residents. Friendly but professional staff. Activities coordinator is open to input from family and provides a varied programme. En-suite rooms are very spacious. Lovely room available for private family lunch/party where you have privacy but help is only a call away.

How likely would you be to recommend Astbury Mere Care Home? Likely

Emma Harding, Home Manager at Astbury Mere Care Home responded to this review on 07 Jan 2016:

Dear Alison, it's great to know that you are happy with our services at Astbury Mere. I will make sure the care team and those mentioned in your comments receive your feedback. With warm wishes, Emma

Submit a Review for Astbury Mere Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Astbury Mere Care Home