Freelands Croft Care Home

Redfields Lane, Church Crookham, Fleet GU52 0RB

Freelands Croft Care Home, Fleet, Hampshire

Freelands Croft welcomes dementia care, convalescence, palliative and respite needs, with all nursing care carried out in a manner that supports each individual’s dignity and self-respect.

Purpose-built for dementia care, the spacious and homely interior includes reminiscence areas, memory picture frames, eye catching pictures and memory triggers. There is also a sensory garden.

Food cooked using fresh ingredients makes for enjoyable mealtimes, with good nutrition being one of the home’s priorities.

Hobbies and interests are encouraged, with popular dates including when visiting entertainers arrive, themed monthly events and a summer garden party.

Person in charge: Vincent Munieza (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 64 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Freelands Croft Care Home: click here

9 Freelands Croft Care Home has a Review Score of 9 (9.046)

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Freelands Croft Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Freelands Croft Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.655 for Freelands Croft Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (85 Excellents x 5) + (28 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 119 Ratings = 4.655

The 4.391 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Freelands Croft Care Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12.8 positive Reviews (64 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 12.8 Target = 0.391

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Freelands Croft Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Freelands Croft Care Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

My Grandad was in Freelands Croft Care Home for just over 5 years, unfortunately, he is no longer with us. It was a hard decision to move him into a nursing home but we realised it was for his own good due to his dementia diagnosis. Our experience of the service they provided was exemplary. The facilities, location and most importantly the staff are excellent. They have provided my Grandad with an extremely high level of person-centred care and they have always provided myself and the rest of my family with the same reassurance that he is safe and happy and is being treated with the respect that he deserved. I cannot recommend Freelands Croft enough. The one thing my Grandad looked forward to was the weekly outings which could be to the Seaside for Fish & Chips or just visiting the local Garden Centre for Afternoon Tea.

How likely would you be to recommend Freelands Croft Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Freelands Croft Care Home responded to this review on 13 Feb 2018:

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review and kind words. I hope that in time to come when you look back on the time that your Grandad was with us it gives you comfort knowing that he was safe and happy.

As soon as I got to Freelands, I was so welcome from day one until I left after 12 days. Everybody was so helpful and caring at any hour of the day. If there was on the menu I did not like or was able to eat, the chef would bend over backwards to get me something I would like, on odd occasions I would be unable to eat 3 times a day.

All the staff and nurses were excellent, superb. I can't praise them enough for what they did for me. The hairdresser to the cleaners were all so excellent in every department, everybody looked after me well all the time. I am looking forward to the next time I go back for another holiday, it's so laid back that you forget they are the staff who are looking after you. Thank you very much.

Tom M, Customer Service Administrator at Freelands Croft Care Home responded to this review on 09 Jun 2017:

We're very appreciative of any feedback we receive and we're very happy to hear you enjoyed your holiday with us and you got a full experience of our home!

My father who sadly passed away this week spent five and a half years at Freelands Croft Care Home. He suffered from dementia. He has the most caring passing with excellent care from all the experienced staff under the management who are first class.
During his stay, he enjoyed the food, environment and entertainment. He was able to occupy the same room for all his 5 and a half years stay.
I am so happy that we chose Freelands Croft Care Home and would strongly recommend it. Many thanks to the management and staff over the years.

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Freelands Croft Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jun 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. It is lovely to hear that your father enjoyed all the different things at the home and I hope that you have some happy memories of him while he stayed with us.

My mother recently passed away and I would just like to commend all the staff and management at Freelands Croft for the caring, professional and empathetic way they looked after my mother. She was always a lady of dignity and your staff ensured she felt this way until her passing.
They are all a credit to your business.

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Freelands Croft Care Home responded to this review on 22 May 2017:

Condolences. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team

I have been staying at Freelands Croft for 5 weeks respite and I have been happy, content, have been made welcome and have had a free run during my stay. I have received help and support as I have needed it and the staff are all wonderful.
If respite is needed in future, I would certainly return to Freeland Croft.

How likely would you be to recommend Freelands Croft Care Home? Likely

Food & Drink: Poor

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Freelands Croft Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2017:

My Aunt moved into Freelands Croft Care Home in August after being diagnosed with Alzheimer's and a long stay in a mental health unit. We feel very fortunate to have found this home. At a time when my husband and I were extremely worried, the staff have not only looked after my Aunt but have also shown us the same degree of care and compassion as they consistently provide for her.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Freelands Croft Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2017:

My mother's care in this home has been lovely, mum was very ill but the care and compassion was excellent. Thank you is just not enough.

I went to meet the manager. Very nice offered tea and coffee by staff. Showed all over home, met staff on call. My husband went in for respite well looked after. Impressed by staff, friendly. Rooms very nice. Bathroom with wet room. His visitor very impressed. Nice gardens. Very quiet, would really recommend to anybody needing a care home.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Freelands Croft Care Home responded to this review on 21 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I found visiting a bit testing at times, but the support was there if I needed it, but being a private person I kept my feelings to myself.

I was greeted by the home manager and taken to his room by his deputy. The room was pleasant and had an en suite toilet and shower. Over the next few days I met several carers all cheerful efficient and gentle. The call button was always swiftly responded to. The cook dealt well with my special diet. I am looking forward to my next stay at Freelands Croft.

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Freelands Croft Care Home responded to this review on 30 Jun 2016:

Submit a Review for Freelands Croft Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

Vincent Munieza

Joined: 2015

I have been working at Freelands Croft for two years now as the Home Manager. I am a registered nurse myself with over twenty years experience within the care industry.

I am passionate about the delivery of high quality care to our residents and proud to lead a team of dedicated and knowledgeable professionals here at Freelands.

My favourite part of the day is my time spent with our residents, either in the Dining Room or joining them for a cup of tea in our Copper Kettle Tearoom, hearing how we've made a positive impact on their lives and understanding how we can continue to grow and meet their individual needs.

Kria Acuavera

Job Title: Clinical Services Manager

Joined: 2010

I am the Clinical Services Manager at Freelands Croft and have been working for Bupa since 2010.

At Freelands Croft, we aim to provide unsurpassed levels of personalised care by being dedicated to employee education and client satisfaction.

I am very privileged to work with a dedicated and passionate team of professionals that support and enable me to perform my roles and responsibilities accordingly.

I am a Registered General Nurse by profession and looking after residents who are living with dementia has always been my passion, at the same time as building friendly relationships with each resident and their families.

Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my family where we often travel to visit places that we have never been to before. We enjoy the great outdoors and are always open for new adventures.

Carolynne Hope

Job Title: Clinical Unit Manager

Joined: 2010

I am the Clinical Unit Manager at Freeland’s Croft.

I am a First Level Registered Nurse with twenty five years experience working within various disciplines of the caring profession. I am also a Person First...Dementia Second coach.

I have been caring for the elderly for seventeen years and have worked for Bupa for the last seven years, mostly here at Freeland’s Croft.

I am privileged to work with a fantastic team who work hard every day to provide person-centered care for our residents and peace of mind for their families who have entrusted the care of their loved ones to us.

Melody Spooner

Job Title: Senior Activities Coordinator

Joined: 2012

I first came to the care industry in 2012, when I joined Freelands Croft. Previously, I worked at Merrist Wood College for ten years where I was the Work Experience Officer. The job involved doing Health & Safety inspections on employers before the students went there for their work experience then assessing them once there were there.

I have worked in a variety of jobs that have been mainly office based including being a Tour Operator based in Jersey, an Office Manager, HR/Training Officer for an NHS Trust and a Credit Controller but none of these roles have been as interesting and challenging as being the Senior Activities Coordinator here at Freelands Croft.

I tell everyone that it is the hardest job I have ever done but is the one I love the most. In addition to my role in Activities I am also a Person First...Dementia Second coach enabling me to work with new and existing staff members to improve their knowledge of dementia ensuring our residents receive the best possible care.

The most valuable and enjoyable part of my job is being with our residents making them smile, listening to their fascinating stories and making a difference to their day. I learn something new each day and no two days are ever the same.

It is a privilege to work with our residents and their families as they make the transition into life within a care home environment ready to offer support as they adjust and travel through their dementia journey.

Darren Cross

Job Title: Financial Administrator

Joined: 2009

I joined Bupa in July 2009 after many years in the Hotel Industry and started at Freelands Croft in January 2010 and have been privileged to serve in many positions from Senior Carer to Home Advisor.

My favourite part of my job is spending time with the residents & relatives and the best part of working at Freelands Croft is knowing that every day is new and that I can be a meaningful part of our residents & relatives lives.

Freelands Croft is truly my second home and my fellow team members and residents are my extended family.

Outside of work I love to spend time with my family and friends this also includes my Persian cat George!

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Freelands Croft Care Home