Monkscroft Care Centre

Shelley Road, Cheltenham GL51 7DP

Monkscroft Care Centre offers up to 80 residents compassionate, individualised dementia, nursing and respite care in a modern, comfortable environment. Opened in 2012, the home is located in a residential area of Cheltenham and has good access to the A40 and M5.

With your comfort and well-being in mind, this welcoming home is designed around four 'households' and has a hair salon, music room and cinema. You will find somewhere to relax or socialise with family and friends from your own spacious bed-sitting room, with en-suite facilities, to communal lounge and dining areas which are light, bright and comfortable.

Interesting scents, shapes and colours are provided all year round in their landscaped gardens. There are raised planting beds so you can join in the gardening activities if you so wish. To give you the support you need when you need it, a friendly, professionally trained team are on hand around-the-clock to support you in how you wish to spend your day enabling you to continue a fulfilling and independent lifestyle.

Dedicated Activities Coordinators organise a varied programme of events around each individual's requests, hobbies and interests. The team will be delighted to assist you to continue with existing pastimes, as well as give you the opportunity to try something new if you would like to. They make sure everyone is able to enjoy themselves to the fullest, be that with arts and crafts, a coffee morning or more individual pursuits. Visits from outside entertainers happen regularly and there is a cosy cinema. The home has access to a Trust minibus.

A talented cook and kitchen team prepare tasty, home-cooked meals. The freshly prepared, delicious dishes are carefully balanced to get the best nutritional value and take into account individual dietary requirements and preferences. Seasonal produce is chosen whenever possible and of course, relatives and friends are always welcome to join.

Group: The Orders of St John Care Trust

Person in charge: Bogumil Cwiklak (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Gloucestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 80 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Visitors are welcome at any time.

Free parking is available outside the home.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Monkscroft Care Centre: click here

Overview of Review Score

The Review Score of 9.9 out of 10 for Monkscroft Care Centre is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 75 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Monkscroft Care Centre in Google's Search Results – more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 32 positive Reviews in the last 24 months.

Detailed Breakdown of Review Score

The Average Rating of 4.912 for Monkscroft Care Centre is calculated as follows: ( (816 Excellents x 5) + (60 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 885 Ratings = 4.912

• b) 5 Points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 24 months. If there are no Positive Reviews in the last 24 months, then 2.5 points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 48 months. A Positive Review is defined as any Review with 'Extremely Likely' or 'Likely' in answer to the question 'How likely are you to recommend this care provider to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?'

1. 4 points are available for the first 5 Positive Reviews; 3.00 points for the first Positive Review, and then 0.25 Points for each of the next 4 Positive Reviews.

3. If there are no Positive Reviews in the last 24 months, then 2.5 points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 48 months. The calculation is the same as above, except the points are divided by 2.

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Monkscroft Care Centre is based on 32 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3.00 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 4

2. Target of 16 positive Reviews (80 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 32 Reviews ÷ 16 Target Reached = 1

9.9 Monkscroft Care Centre has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.912) out of 10 and an Average Rating of 4.9 out of 5 from 75 Reviews over all time

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Monkscroft Care Centre?

Reviewer Connection to Monkscroft Care Centre

My husband was in the care of Monkscroft Centre for three months. Words are very difficult at this time; their care, understanding and love for my husband, especially when his sight failed, was so overwhelming. All our questions were answered however many times we 'worried' them - everything possible was always done for him and our own personal welfare was outstanding.
My husband was so fortunate to have been cared for by an amazing team - please give them the highest award you can offer - God bless.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My father was in Monkscroft for three months until he passed away. We could not have asked any more of the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Very pleased with the care which my brother receives from Monkscroft. The entire staff are very friendly, helpful and professional. They know all the residents very well and know how to treat them accordingly. My brother is 100% content and happy which he expresses quite regularly.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Since being admitted to Monkscroft Care Home my stay has been very pleasurable with all the staff being very efficient and friendly in fact one big happy family. The care I have received has been second to none. Thank you for everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

For my sister to move to Monkscroft is a dream come true.
Everyone is so calm and caring and for the first time, my sister is being given choices. This means so much to her and to us. Monkscroft is exemplary and all of the staff are superb, so considerate and so involved - always asking if we need anything or if they can do anything for us.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I am always delighted to visit my friend in Monkscroft where he has been resident since spring 2017 with enduring arthritis and dementia. The facilities are excellent. The staff are invariably helpful, friendly and efficient. In the course of my ministry, I visit many care homes but Monkscroft is the one I would recommend first in this locality.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I am delighted with Monksroft Care Home. We were in a difficult situation with my Father in a previous care home. The Monkscroft Management team came to assess him and were so kind, sensitive and supportive. I feel that we have finally got the right care for my Father. He is treated with dignity and respect, and it is clear that the staff make every effort to understand him, from little personal touches to activities for him. The staff were quick to understand the personality and background of my Father. He is not seen as a "project" or as "an elderly person who hasn't a clue what he's talking about", but is seen for who he is, an intelligent, experienced, kind, generous Father, husband, businessman etc. I can not express how much this has meant to me!
The environment is stimulating, calm, and provides a variety of activities for the residents to do on their own, as well as staff run activities.
I can not rate them enough and will be forever grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

When we were told that my father would have to leave the care home he was in, the management at Monkscroft gave us invaluable time and support when they came to assess my father with a view to accommodating him at Monkscroft. Since his move to Monkscroft, the team have continued to impress me. They have gone to great lengths to provide a care plan that accommodates his personality and preference for activity - even buying blow-up footballs to play football with him, and walking him down to the shops. They have also sourced photographs of him during his rugby playing days (he played for England) and printed and laminated them. They have a wonderful, caring attitude and are always ready to distract and occupy him outside of planned activities. I trust the staff to give me honest feedback about how my father is doing and they never just say 'he's fine' - they are able to give detailed reports. The management team are highly committed and genuine.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

We are so happy with the care that Dad receives at Monkscroft Care Centre. Everyone is so kind and caring. Dad is very happy and enjoys all the activities that are put on for the residents. If anyone is unsure about putting family members in Monkscroft Care Centre I would say "do it" - Dad's quality of life is so much better here. We are able to enjoy visiting him and seeing him in such a happy environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Overal everything very good. Car parking could be better (larger).

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My husband had to come to Monkscroft Care Centre from another care home where he had been in long-term care since December 2017. He has advanced dementia. Monkscroft has dealt with all his issues in a kind and compassionate way. I am very happy that we will have a good association with Monkscroft.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I have nothing but praise for the care given to my mother over the last couple of months. The staff are wonderful, caring and patient. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The facilities are first class and the accommodation clean,tidy and serviced daily. The staff always found the time to pop in and have a chat with her.

They always kept us fully informed about her medication and feedback from her doctor. In her last few days, we were treated with the utmost respect and consideration.

The family wish to thank all the staff for their kindness.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Absolutely fantastic care home, my best friend has been a resident here for quite a few years now and she is treated fantastically, even though she is peg fed the staff make a homemade cake each year for her, us and the other residents to enjoy. The staff are absolutely lovely and her room is always clean as she is. A fantastic place that gives us peace of mind that she is always in good hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The centre was clean and well lit. Staff were very well presented and polite. We did enjoy the Christmas Fayre.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

This is the best home that we have looked at for my relative who is very hard to look after. Staff are very friendly and polite.
We would have no hesitation in giving this home an excellent review.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My wife was in Monkscroft for a few weeks (18th October - 14th November) funded by NHS while non-weight-bearing following an ankle breakage. Both she and I thought it was a very nice home. The only problem was that several items of clothing seem to have been lost in the laundry.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Likely

I visit my sister in law most days. The family are happy with the care and attention she receives from the friendly, helpful staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My Nan has lived at Monkscroft for just over 2 years. She seems very happy and settled and has a lovely room with a nice view. The staff are always friendly and polite, even when they're a bit overstretched when running short. The food is generally very nice, if a bit on the bland side, but I guess this is to be expected when catering for this age group. Every time we have visited we have found the home to be clean and fresh smelling. There are always interesting activities to keep the residents stimulated. We could not wish for a better place for our Nan.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Likely

On my mother's 91st Birthday I was surprised and delighted to find her seated at a table with other residents with an enormous birthday cake and presents in front of her! She seemed so touched and happy even a few days later when I visited she was still telling me what a lovely birthday she had. I feel the staff at Monkscroft are extremely thoughtful, kind and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Monkscroft has a very friendly atmosphere. I regularly stop for lunch or tea with my wife who is a resident. The food and care is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I volunteer at the care home for 2 days a week. I enjoy what I do, from gardening to talking to the residents. Everyone is very caring and friendly. I look forward to coming every week. I hope I make a difference for the residents too.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I was delighted when Mum was moved here from hospital. She had been living alone and was very independent. We were concerned she might not take to being taken care of - we needn't have worried.
From the start she was made to feel part of the community - yet in control of her own situation - her independence of choice strongly supported. Staff are unfailingly kind.
Facilities are superb - being an almost new purpose-built building. Lots of activities, but no pressure to take part.
We feel lucky that Mum is here.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The standards of care are amazingly high. The residents are in very good hands surrounded by people who genuinely care about providing top-notch care.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Likely

The care on offer at Monkscroft was superb, by far the best that I witnessed across a selection of homes in the county.
It is comforting to know that my Grandfather is in such a safe and friendly environment, with a range of activities available to him.
I would recommend to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My dad said "I've been to the races, how fantastic. I can see the horses and the track. I'm so happy. It's been years since I went last, I was then working, sitting by a fence, waiting for a jockey to fall off!"

He was in fact sat in a dining room, with The Gold Cup on a very large projector screen and green fields through the window - in his eyes, dreams were being made - thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

For almost a year now, my father-in-law has been lucky enough to reside in the best place ever for his needs. I can't begin to thank the professional and caring staff enough, they are all wonderful and have provided me/my wife with all the reassurance we could ever need. Together as a group, they provide activities which are beyond my wildest dreams and have provided us with memories. We'll never forget the Polish Day, although I was too ill to attend, we have photos to treasure forever.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

We can't praise the staff at Monkscroft enough. They are kind and caring to my Mum who is staying there for respite. We only wish she could stay as she is enjoying the company and we are happy she is safe and very well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My mother was in your care for nearly 2 years and she could not have been looked after any better anywhere else. She was happy and we were always happy with the care she received from all the staff on Springbank ward. The staff were always very professional but we found they always had time to speak to us about anything we needed to speak to them about. I couldn't think of anywhere better for her to spend the last couple of years.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Felt almost as homely as your own home! Clean and nicely furnished with great attention to detail. More importantly, the staff are genuine, caring and highly professional. I always felt the best quality of care was being given and that my mother was with people who would look after her. Very impressive.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My daughter and I visited Monkscroft and were very impressed, we were very relieved when my husband was given a place there. He seemed content right from the start, his room is beautifully light, always spotlessly clean, as is the rest of the house.
He is always well turned out and he seems to enjoy the activities.
It being 'race week' in Cheltenham, a lovely party was put on and we watched the Gold Cup.
The most important asset to the home is the amazing staff.
They are generous with their time, care, communication and laughter.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Good food, friendly staff and activities regularly organised, especially over Christmas and New year. The baking club is also a lovely idea.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My father was sadly only a resident for three months but I have nothing but praise for the nursing home and friendship he received. During his end of life, myself and my partner were also given massive support. All the staff seem to really care and their work is invaluable. The home is modern, clean, practical and relaxed. Very well done and thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

A lovely care home, caring, friendly and the nicest place I could wish Dad to be for his final days.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The cleanliness, management and compassionate nature of all is outstanding. A benchmark for all :)

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Have found all employees kind, considerate and helpful from choosing the home, admission from the hospital. Information clear and nothing too much trouble. Father-in-Law very depressed. After a few weeks now joining in slowly with support from staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My wife has late stage dementia. After a seizure and fall, she spent a month in hospital. Sadly she failed to recover sufficiently for a return home. A place in care was advised. We were fortunate that a place was available at Monkscroft. My first contact was with the Manager. She visited us at the hospital to assess the care my wife would need. I was invited to meet with staff and to look around the home. Everyone I met and the facilities on view made a difficult time for me so much easier. The manager took the time to discuss all aspects of the care she planned for my wife. From day one the standard of care and support shown to us both by all the staff has been wonderful. My wife is treated with dignity and compassion and highest standard of care. What makes Monkscroft Care Centre so special...the people.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My sister needs a lot of care the staff are great they are loving and very good to her. I come up 3-4 days a week, I feel so happy to see all the staff, they are my friends and I feel part of the home they see to all her needs with love and care. We laugh a lot too. I go home happy for the first time in years. Thank you to all.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The stroke I suffered 20 years ago prevents me from writing so my wife who has been my carer for over 20 years has filled the form. I visit my husband every day and I am reassured by the high standard of care received the kindness and professionalism of the staff. I am impressed that every effort is made to take on board my comments, suggestions as I am very protective of my husband's welfare. The staff are cheerful, very friendly and always prepared to address my husband's special needs, the nursing is excellent (medication, regular blood tests and organizing medical check ups at hospital etc). I am always made to feel very welcome and part of the team. This is by far the best place visited (12 in all).

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My aunt stayed there for over two years and was very happy. Now I visit my friends father and he is very happy there too. The care, friendliness, help and homely feel are all excellent. I would recommend it to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

From my experience the staff are lovely, and treat the residents with care.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My mum had not been well for a number of years. She had dementia but still lived at home with my brother. At Christmas she was taken into hospital and then returned home a few weeks later. On becoming unwell returned to hospital and the family was informed she was end of life due to cancer. I knew of Monkscroft Care centre and requested she went there. She had 8 weeks being loved and cared for by a lovely group of staff, which was a great relief to us as a family. She had pictures of us on the wall along side her. The staff also looked after us as a family, giving us support and cups of coffee as we sat with her.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My dad has been here for a while now and is very happy and very well cared for. The high standard of care gives us real peace of mind. Whenever I visit the staff are always extremely friendly, helpful and professional.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The last care home our father was in did not care about their residents, ALL STAFF at Monkscroft show a lot of care and interest in their residents. If we have a query it is sorted out, if possible, straight away, if not the next couple of days. Our father feels safe and extremely happy at Monkscroft, there are many examples we can give but not enough space. You should be very proud of ALL your staff at Monkscroft as we cannot praise them enough. Top marks for everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I was moved to Monkscroft care home from hospital following a hip operation during which my right femur was broken . I have had six weeks non-weight bearing care while the bone healed. The surroundings, staff and general environment of the facility are all delightful, Very caring staff, comfortable surroundings and visitors made to feel very welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I visited my friend for the first time today on 3rd June 2016. I was stunned by what a beautiful place you have there. Staff were really lovely and helpful to him and his family. If I ever have to go into care I hope it will be at Monkscroft.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Cannot speak highly enough about Monkscroft regarding my granddads care during his time with them.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My father-in-law was looked after very well and I feel he had the best possible last years of life he could have, due to his illness, at the home. The carers loved him and this showed through the positive relationships you saw between my father-in-law and the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

In my opinion the level of care and support provided by all at the care home was fantastic, nothing was ever too much trouble and all the staff were always more than happy to help. They made my father's final years very happy and for this our family always knew he was in safe hands. The activities within the home are superb and the gardens are always well kept and in full use for residents and not just to be looked at from the windows.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The home take great care of my dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I am overwhelmed by the way my dad id being cared for, nothing is to much trouble for the carers on Alstone. Having him looked after so well is helping us deal with the fact we will not have him for much longer.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Monkscroft is a great and caring place. They looked after my mother in law well. We did have problems with 1 member of staff who was quite rude to my mother in law and caused for her to have numerous panic attacks, which we found very upsetting. This person was rude to us as well. This was reported, but we have no idea if the Staff Nurse was spoken too. But apart from that incident the staff were lovely and caring. She was keen on a staff nurse , she certainly made things easier at times for her. But all the Auxiliary nurses were marvelous with her. Sitting with her when she needed them too. The home itself was welcoming. Rooms are a great size and was really nice for her to bring her own pictures in of her loved ones. It made her feel a little more at home. Once again, thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Likely

Karen Cummings, Home Manager at Monkscroft Care Centre responded to this review on 23 Feb 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. I am pleased that you find Monkscroft a caring place for you mother in law to live. However, I would like to apologise for the attitude you experienced from a member of my team. I was made aware of this on my return from annual leave, and spoke to the individual in question straight away. Please be reassured that they continue to be monitored closely. If you would like to meet with me to discuss this further, please do come and see me next time you visit the home.

Monkscroft has provided wonderful care for my father and stepmother. It is a warm friendly modern home with very caring staff who have been excellent in the three years we have known them. Our family is very grateful for the understanding and care of the dementia staff and skill and gentleness of the nursing staff in dealing with the different needs of their residents. The design of the dementia unit is very good with the small lounges providing very homely surroundings. I would have no hesitation in recommending Monkscroft to anyone in need of their expertise.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The care that my mum has received is excellent , such caring and attentive carers.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Very impressed with Monkscroft everything is excellent. The place should be a model for others to follow. The management and staff should be very proud of the service they provide, an excellent standard all round especially the way they treat all the residents in a caring respectful way.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

All the staff are friendly and welcoming very homely feel.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Happy overall but sometime food could be warmer. Friendly staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Staff are very helpful, caring, friendly and they often go that extra mile. They often have to work under difficult circumstances. They do a great job. They do their best to make you feel at home. It takes hard work lots of patience and the ability to understand the needs of others. A very well done to all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My wife and I found the care to be excellent, really first class. The staff were all so caring and helpful. The staff at Monkscroft have put my wife on the road to recovery. I would also add that my wife found the food to be first class.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Care and attention has been first class. Kindness has been shown by all. Accommodation no problems. I hope it continues.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Monkscroft Care Centre have gone out of their way to accommodate our needs. My mum and dad both entered the home together. Every need was met including moving them to comfortable accommodation together. The staff are brilliant and treat my parents with the utmost respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

For approximately two years until she passed away at the end of May, my mother was a resident at Monkscroft nursing Home. The last four months were especially difficult as she had suffered a leg fracture and was bed-ridden. Throughout her time as a resident at Monkscroft she was always treated with respect and affection. I never witnessed anything other than total professionalism and kindness towards my mother and other residents. Nothing was too much trouble and that included resident's families also. Thank you to all the staff at Monkscroft from the family for making mother's final years as best they could.

The family of my late mother wished to make a presentation of a memorial bench in memory of my mother. Her care home, Monkscroft, of The Orders of St John Trust, could not have been kinder and more welcoming. They arranged a presentation event including refreshments and a photographic montage of mums 2 years as a resident. Some of her friends, also residents attended. It was very moving and it gave the family a chance to say thank you and also a form of closure. Thank you to the manager and staff from all the family.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

As power of attorney, I was instrumental in arranging the placement with a lot of help from social care. To date we have been very pleased with the care and professionalism of all staff at Monkscroft. All needs are catered for and dealt with efficiently and sympathetically. I rate Monkscroft highly and have already recommended other people. Staff at Head office, finance dept etc. very helpful and efficient also.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The staff are very kind and nothing is too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Staff very caring and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

An excellent service provided, caring, efficient and top marks for all aspects. Couldn't have asked for a better place for my mother in law to spend her last few months.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Excellent, good staff and facilities.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Excellent. Lovely staff, good activities. Grandma really settled. Modern building. Great hairdresser.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

All staff treated members of my mothers family with kindness. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Monkscroft is caring, supportive environment where mum is happy and relaxed. All the staff are very approachable.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Everyone helped us to make a very difficult time in our lives easier. Many thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The level of care and attention are excellent. The care home is light, clean and well designed. The staff are always courteous, respectful and conscientious, they tailor the standard of care to my fathers needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I have nothing but the highest praise and confidence in all aspects of Monkscroft. On entering, the spacious reception area is most impressive and an introduction to the high standard. Accommodation in en-suite rooms is super! Staff in all departments are most professional, caring and dedicated - help is always available.
Special mention goes to the everyday nursing and caring staff- they carry out their duties, sometimes in difficult circumstances with charm and kind consideration at all times. The standard reply to most requests is "no problem."
Monkscroft will always hold a special memory which I treasure very much. An overall assessment must be "very good to excellent" with my sincere and grateful thanks to all.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The care given at Monkscroft Care Centre has been of a high standard. The staff are always cheerful, polite and treat the residents with dignity and respect. The standard of nursing is excellent and very professional. The home itself is modern and well maintained - always kept very clean. The staff are happy to discuss the residents needs and do their very best to meet all aspects of life for the residents. Doctors and other health professionals visit regularly. I feel very reassured that Monkscroft Care Centre is a safe and happy environment for its residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I went on a residents day trip escorting my mum on her first trip out from the home since her admittance. The staff were very professional and supportive and most importantly they were sensitive to the needs of everyone on the trip, taking the time and care to ensure that all residents enjoyed the trip out. This is indicative of the overall care and consideration that the staff give to their residents whether inside or outside the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Monkscroft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Excellent staff who have built strong relationships with mum. Friendly and caring. Lots of activities for residents and days out have been organised and it seems that the residents benefit from change of scenery.

Submit a Review for Monkscroft Care Centre

Your review must be about a service provided within the last 6 months.

Bogumil

Bogumil Cwiklak

Joined: 2007

The residents at Monkscroft Care Centre are cared for by a highly dedicated and professional team of approximately 130 employees which includes Nurses, Care Leaders, Carers, Administrators, Housekeepers and the Catering Team. They are all led and supported by the Deputy Manager, Head of Dementia Care and the Senior Nurse team.

Bogumil trained as a General Nurse in Poland in 2004 and went on to work within the Polish Mental Health Service. In 2007 Bogumil moved to the UK with his family and joined the Orders of St John Care Trust working at Grevill House. Bogumil soon progressed and in 2013 joined Monkscroft working as the Dementia Lead and deputising for the General Manager, formally becoming Deputy Manager in January 2017. When the incumbent General Manager decided to retire Bogumil successfully applied to become General Manager of Monkscroft in September 2017.

Bogumil is in the progress of completing his QCF level 5 in Leadership and Management. He has completed his Dementia Award QCF level 3 and Dementia Leadership Award with the 2gether Trust. In January 2017 Bogumil completed his New Managers Induction with Gloucester County Council.

Bogumil’s ethos and vision are to ensure that the people who live at Monkscroft experience a positive environment for themselves and their families, with a care team who are happy with opportunities to develop and a good rapport with outside agencies.

Lynne Donaldson

Job Title: Head of Dementia Care

Joined: 2001

Lynne has worked in the care sector for many years and has been with The Orders of St Johns Care Trust for 17 years.
Lynne has completed extensive training including NVQ Level 2 in health and social care, Level 3 in dementia awareness, Level 3 in safeguarding and most recently the Care Leadership Programme. Lynne is also commencing the Dementia Leadership Award with the 2gether Trust in 2019.

Lynne started her career as a night care assistant, soon becoming a care leader, then progressed to Head of Care before moving into the Head of Dementia care role at Monkscroft. Lynne’s roles and experience over the years demonstrate a strong track record of leading dementia care in a sensitive and professional manner, ensuring all our residents are treated as an individual, having empathy and an understanding while supporting them with therapeutic approaches. Lynne loves that she can help residents keep their own identity and interests ensuring they can still enjoy an independent and fulfilling life.

Lynne prides herself on her communication skills, her caring nature and she is always looking to go above and beyond to help and support our residents and her team.
Lynne’s proudest moment was being awarded the chairman’s commendation for meritorious service in 2017.