Willow Gardens

Hampshire Lakes, Oak Leigh Square, Hammond Way, Yateley GU46 7AG

Willow Gardens Care Home provides residents with first-class facilities and well-appointed en-suite rooms that have been carefully designed with the comfort of customers in mind and to ensure they feel at home. There are a range of stimulating activities each day for customers to enjoy.

The home is situated in the heart of Anchor's Hampshire Lakes Retirement Village and provides residents with the opportunity to relax and enjoy the home's facilities and the local surroundings, which include a full accessible heated indoor swimming pool, hot tub, licensed bistro, deli and general store. The home benefits from peaceful and pretty parkland surroundings.

Willow Gardens provides residential care which is personally tailored to meet the individual needs of customers and enhance their quality of life. Anchor works together with customers and their loved ones to create detailed care plans to ensure each individual health and care needs are continually met.

As a not-for profit provider of services for older people, Anchor continually reinvests profits back into its retirement properties and care homes to raise standards and exceed customers' expectations. Its Dementia Care Team achieved the Outstanding Dementia Care Innovation for the Anchor Inspires Programme and the use of iPads at the Dementia Care Awards in 2015 and the group was voted one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Not-for Profit Companies to work for in 2016.

Group: Anchor

Person in charge: Angela Slade (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 36 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own Furniture if required • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Willow Gardens: click here

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Willow Gardens is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 30 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Willow Gardens in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.87 for Willow Gardens is calculated as follows: ( (310 Excellents x 5) + (42 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 354 Ratings = 4.87

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Willow Gardens is based on 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7.2 positive Reviews (36 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 16 Reviews ÷ 7.2 Target Reached = 1

9.9 Willow Gardens has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.870) from 30 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Willow Gardens?

Reviewer Connection to Willow Gardens

From the first day that my mother arrived at Willow Gardens, I was impressed with the professionalism of each member of staff. They made my mother feel immediately at ease in her new home. The staff treat the residents as individuals and recognise that they all have their own special needs, likes and dislikes. They are also very supportive of residents families and help to alleviate any worries they may have regarding their loved ones. I was particularly impressed with the way the care staff looked after my mother when she became very ill. They arranged immediate medical assistance prior to her being in the hospital. When she was discharged from the hospital the care given was outstanding.

Unfortunately, my mother passed away in January 2018, however, I cannot praise the care staff highly enough for everything they did for her.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

My step mum died recently after nearly 2 years at Willow Gardens. Her time there was far beyond our expectations, the care and support was incredible and we all felt part of the Willow Gardens community. Her care at the end of her life and the support for us was very special, genuine, respectful and so warm. Willow Gardens had been a big part of our lives and we will miss it.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

I fractured my hip in October 2017 and after two weeks in the hospital was declared fit enough to go home as I could walk with the aid of crutches. As I live on my own this was a daunting prospect. Willow Gardens were able to offer respite care for up to six weeks. So I initially booked for two weeks. This turned out to be an excellent solution as I was able to concentrate on my recovery without having to worry about shopping, cooking or other household chores. The availability of physiotherapy on site and the use of long wide corridors enabled me to practice walking every day and the weekly session with the physiotherapist improved my technique each week. Plus, Willow Gardens staff were on hand 24/7 in case I got into difficulty and were particularly helpful in assisting with some general medical problems I had with my legs and my diabetes even arranging transport to the doctors. I stayed for six weeks and at the end, I was able to walk well without the aid of crutches and able to drive. The staff were all without exception excellent and enabled me to make a speedy recovery.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

Willow Gardens is nothing short of outstanding.
All of the staff are absolutely fabulous. They are a pleasure to speak with and are always cheerful and positive. My mum has benefitted enormously from their warmth and kindness and it is a pleasure to see her smiling and enjoying the company of the other residents. Living over 100 miles away, it has meant total peace of mind for me, knowing that she is being so well looked after.

Mum is clearly eating well and looks much healthier than before she moved in over six months ago. She takes part in so much of the entertainment on offer, doing things I wouldn't have dreamt she would. From the photos we see and reports from the staff she clearly takes delight in the regular visits from the local primary school children. I know she enjoys the surroundings the home is set in so she can take part in the daily walks, something she always loved to do.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

We looked at several homes for my mum, and Willow Gardens outshone all the rest. The staff are so caring and really understand the needs of someone living with dementia. Nothing is too much trouble for them. My mum enjoys the many activities and is living life again. I have not seen her this happy in years, she is laughing again and there is a light back in her eyes. I no longer have to worry about my mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

My 92-year-old mother has been a resident at Willow Gardens for almost a year and during that time have been extremely impressed with her physical care, understanding her escalating dementia problems and providing her with fun and stimulation, since Christmas she has required end of life palliative care which has been outstanding. I cannot thank them enough for their care and compassion both her and our family.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

All the staff are welcoming and helpful and know all the residents and their various needs. The rooms and public areas are clean and bright and there are lots of activities for the residents to join in.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

A truly wonderful experience with superb care.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

Staff are very friendly. The rooms and the facilities are excellent. My sisters care is wonderful and I feel much happier knowing she is well taken care of. She is my only sister and we are very close as I am with my nephews and niece.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

I have been very well looked after. The food has been excellent and the standard of care I have received has been outstanding. I'm happy and that is down to every team member at Willow Gardens. Coming into a care home was not an easy decision for me but my standard and quality of life has improved drastically.
Thanks to everyone that has made my first month at Willow Gardens so enjoyable.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

Always dreaded the idea of living in a care/residential home but I have never been so surprised how wrong you can be. I am so well looked after and cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

I have been looking for a while for somewhere for my mum who is totally against care homes, I think it's fantastic, it has everything you need and extra. I love the community spirit and the staff really are lovely. My mum is settling in nicely. I've been telling all my friends about Willow Gardens.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

Mum appreciates the effort made by the activities coordinator to motivate everyone to go out, for example, for lunches at local hotels, pubs and garden centres.
Mum says, "I cannot fault this home at all - everything is lovely, if there is something I don't like, I tell the staff and they sort it out".

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

Amazing care home. All the staff are really nice and friendly, there are great carers.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

Mum had 2 falls and was in a lot of pain and had difficulty mobilising.
All of the care mum received and support from the team led by the manager was outstanding.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

Smart and well-run care home.
The only thing I would question is the way the food is presented.
It lacks imagination - sometimes overcooked and tough.
This place is not cheap and the food should be better arranged and attractively presented.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Likely

This is an exceptional care home. We visited many before choosing Willow Gardens. It is more expensive than some but the quality of care, the environment, the choices and the standard of accommodation are second to none. The care staff are always happy and approachable. There are plenty of quiet spaces to sit and talk with your relative without being in a common area.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

My sister-in-law moved into the care home in very distressing circumstances, having lost her husband of over seventy years who was also her carer for the last year and more. As she suffers from almost total short-term memory loss, she had to face anew the reality of her bereavement and loss of her home repeatedly.
I have been impressed by the patience and understanding of the staff at these sudden waves of anguish. The staff have also been very welcoming and accommodating to the family on our many visits and tried to help us as we sought their advice on how best to tackle the problems.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

My mother has only been a resident for a couple of weeks following the death of my father. The staff have been very considerate of the major life change she has suffered, and I feel confident she will ultimately be as happy as she could be.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

This is a really lovely residential home with good staff that genuinely care. The facilities are very good and they have a very good activity calendar that varies daily. They have thought of everything including gym, swimming pool with a sauna and steam room, a restaurant, bar and coffee shop which all welcome family too. It is the best thing we have done for my father and he seems very happy there.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

My mother has always been very adamant that she would not live in a care home and sit around the edge of a room with a lot of old folk dozing! However, it was necessary for her to have 24-hour care and here she feels as if she is living in an excellent hotel!
Everywhere is spotlessly clean and the sitting room is laid out like at home.
She has a lovely room with ensuite looking onto woodland and garden. The staff are excellent, very kind and caring and soon welcomed as a part of the family. Nothing is too much trouble and she has blossomed with the company and stimulation.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

My Mother-in-Law had a wonderful stay at Willow Gardens to enable her to join the family over the Christmas period. The staff were excellent in their care for her and very responsive to her needs and when she was in the home there was plenty for her to do.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

I was very pleasantly surprised by the high level of cleanliness of the whole establishment. Everything was clean, tidy and well looked after.
My friend is extremely happy here. The furniture and fittings are of a high standard and the facilities are very good and quite comprehensive.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

Willow Gardens is an extremely pleasant care home set in the tri-lakes area. Mum has been a resident here for around seven months. The all round care during this time has been exemplary. All the staff are attentive while creating a relaxed atmosphere. Food looks great and the facilities on-site are excellent. There are regular organised outings to keep the variety up. Highly recommended!

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

My friend is a resident at Willow Gardens and I visit regularly. The staff are very friendly and caring. The home is beautiful, nothing is too much trouble. I have eaten lunch with her and the food was lovely. Should the time come I would not hesitate to move into Willow Gardens myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

Each time I have visited Willow Gardens the staff have been most kind and attentive. The atmosphere is always warm and welcoming and my Grandmother in law and other residents seem happy and settled. I am impressed by something different each time I visit and that is a wonderful achievement.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

Excellent service. My grandmother is always happy and was looking forward to her lunch. All the staff were smiling and all knew everything about my grandmother and were a great help

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

The love and care at Willow Gardens is first class. My father arrived very traumatised and within a few weeks, he was part of the loving community. He joins in the all the activities and is made to feel valued. Last week he went out in the evening for supper. On his return, he said it's lovely to go out but great to come "home".... His other quote sums up life at Willow Gardens "They make me feel special".

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

My mother entered Willow Gardens after a mild stroke. She is partly paralysed and now needs 24/7 care.
Willow Gardens has exceeded our expectations. The facilities and level of care are first class. The staff are efficient, friendly and most importantly they care. If I need to enter a care home one day I doubt I will find on that is better than Willow Gardens.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Gardens? Extremely Likely

Having fallen and broken her hip, my 92 year old mother in law was not able to return to her home. We looked around for a care home and found Willow Gardens. Having visited a number of homes, Willow Gardens was head and shoulders above anything else we had seen. This was not just because it was new but the atmosphere and obvious care of the staff was second to none. Having now been there 3 months, our opinion has remained the same. My mother in law looks healthier and is happier than she has been in a good few years. She has more confidence in herself and once again is taking a real interest in her appearance. She has her hair and nails done regularly, has started playing bridge, does puzzles, plays scrabble, takes regular exercise and generally has a more positive attitude to life. This is down to the caring staff for whom I have nothing but praise and gratitude.

Submit a Review for Willow Gardens

posted 19 Apr 2018

We currently have two vacancies for care. Please contact Willow Gardens directly for further details.

Recipient: Anchor

August 2017

CQC rated Good August 2017

Recipient: Willow Gardens

Date: Friday 11 Aug 2017

March 2017

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Willow Gardens