East Hill House

East Hill Drive, Hilbrow Road, Liss GU33 7RR

East Hill House, Liss, Hampshire

East Hill House is located in the village of Liss, in the heart of Hampshire, and provides residential and specialist dementia care for up to 32 elderly people in a unique setting.

East Hill House offers flexible care to meet individual requirements. Their residential care is ideal for older people who are able to look after their own daily needs without assistance, but who may occasionally require help from a care support worker.

The home also delivers specialist residential dementia care at the Willows, enabling residents to maintain dignity and independence in a setting purpose-designed to meet the University of Stirling’s universally respected dementia care standards. The Stirling approach ensures that residents are able to move freely around the home, with bedrooms and communal areas providing a safe and supportive environment. The home is ideally equipped to provide residential support for elderly people living with different types of dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia and home level expertise is further complemented by Caring Homes’ network of national experts, including a Head of Dementia Care who has developed a dementia strategy which informs all care.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Samantha Booty (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 34 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Lift • Stairlift • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on East Hill House: click here

posted 24 May 2017

Please call 0808 223 5501 for further information about current Bed Vacancies at East Hill House.

9 East Hill House has a Review Score of 9 (9.017)

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for East Hill House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for East Hill House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.679 for East Hill House is calculated as follows: ( (93 Excellents x 5) + (34 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 131 Ratings = 4.679

The 4.338 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for East Hill House is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 6.8 positive Reviews (34 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 6.8 Target = 0.588

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend East Hill House?

Reviewer Connection to East Hill House

The staff put 100% into every aspect of care in this home. The support they give families, as well as resident, is amazing. They go the extra mile for everyone. My mother is young to be in a care home but the home has made every effort to make her and us feel comfortable. Would highly recommend this home, it's not just a care home, its a family.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

A very friendly, homely, care home, whose care is really good. The staff are very helpful, caring and have endless patience. The house itself is an old country house, is clean and the decor is okay. The groups head office could do with spending a little more on replacing some of the armchairs which are becoming to look a bit shabby, and also replacing the driveway as it is full of potholes. I would say that the residents appear to be contented and are always well dressed and look clean and tidy.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

The only negative is that the building is a little tired and needs freshening up- that, however, is more than compensated by the attentive, caring, thoughtful, lively, fun, inspirational. self-deprecating and respect-giving staff. Led by the manager this is a fantastic care home.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

Samantha Booty, Home Manager at East Hill House responded to this review on 28 Sep 2016:

Thank you for your kind remarks. At East Hill House we take great pride in ensuring we deliver high-quality care and facilities and it's lovely to see that we make such a difference to our residents and their families. We always welcome the chance to improve and are currently reviewing opportunities for refurbishment and renovation in the home. We welcome the opportunity to improve and hope you will continue to share your thoughts with us in the home in future.

Very good.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

My mother is very happy and contented and being well looked after by all the staff. Whenever I visit my mother, staff always have time to talk to me about my mother. Recently we had Shelley my mums dog put down, mum naturally was very upset, when I took her dog away from her, the staff have been incredible, in comforting my mum and explaining to her over and over again what has happened to her life long friend. I cannot praise them enough, so glad that we found East Hill.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

My two sisters and I came to have lunch with mum, we had a large choice of menu and all three of us enjoyed our lunch, the rice pudding was amazing.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

Excellent residential home, driven by an energetic and ambitious manager, well supported by the deputy manager and activities co-ordinator and all carers with whom my wife and I come in contact with on a regular basis. All staff, without exception, are extraordinary, caring and patient with the residents, however challenging. The activities programme deserves a particular mention, given it is so imaginative and ambitious in the context of the limited abilities of the resident - more passive enjoyment that active participation for many. Impressed by the democratic structure of the home with the encouraged participation of the residents and relatives. I could go on...

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

My 88 year old mother has been living at East Hill for approx 2½ years. She is very immobile with rheumatoid arthritis and very anxious. I am always impressed how East Hill cope with her increasing needs in a dignified caring manner. They also have unlimited patience with her.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

Staff are friendly, my room is nice and the food is good. I get enough support from the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Likely

I have lived here for over 6 years and have enjoyed everyday spent here. The staff and members have always looked been after in every way, the home and the garden are very well looked after too. The use of locals - schools etc. are very welcome here and we enjoy their visits with us. This home is as it is, one large family living here at all times. The training here is very good, even helping other homes in their training, especially in dementia and alzheimer problems.

How likely would you be to recommend East Hill House? Extremely Likely

This is a very well run and friendly care home. My Mother spent 3 weeks on respite care with her dog. They were both looked after extremely well. The carers took Mum's dog out for walks in the garden and because the dog was looked after mum was very happy. When I visited her she was laughing and joking. Now that she is back home she has decided that she misses the company and would like to move in as a permanent resident. So while we wait for a room, she will be attending day care. The home provides individual care packages to suit the needs of the residents. I cannot recommend this care home enough.

Submit a Review for East Hill House

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

December 2016

Sam

Sam Booty

Joined: 2013

I have been a bit of a fixture at East Hill House since I first took a job working in the kitchen at age 15. Now, as the Home Manager, I’m proud to lead my professional and compassionate Care Team in delivering the highest standards of residential and specialist dementia care for the 32 elderly residents of this grand Hampshire home.

Having spent time working in every area of East Hill House, I like to think that I bring stability, continuity and a deep understanding of the home to my role. I take my responsibilities very seriously and strive to maintain a safe environment, promote the highest standard of care and make a positive difference to each and every resident’s life.

East Hill House has been such a big part of my life and I am delighted to continue the good work we do here, and to keep delivering the best possible care for our residents.

I believe in maintaining strong relationships with residents and their relatives and understands the important contribution that these relationships make to the successful running of a care home.

I’m passionate about the proactive support and training provided by Caring Homes, which offers great opportunities to progress within the company. I myself have continued my development since my appointment, gaining my NVQ Award and recently becoming a ‘Train the Trainer’ for dementia care.

One of my biggest achievements was being part of the East Hill House team that was awarded the title of “Care and Support Team 2011” at the Caring Homes Celebrating Excellence Awards.

Away from East Hill House, my life is filled with raising my young family. Having grown up in the village of Liss, I’m also a proud member of our strong local community.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at East Hill House