Stoneyford Care Home

173 Stoneyford Road, Sutton-in-Ashfield NG17 2DR

Situated in the market town of Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, Stoneyford is a friendly, purpose-built care home offering nursing, residential, residential dementia and nursing dementia care.

The home offers a choice of sitting rooms, dining areas and quiet areas for reflection as well a sun lounge and chapel. The landscaped garden with its mature trees is a favourite location to relax or socialise with friends and family. The bright and comfortable bedrooms and living areas are easily accessible by wheelchair and local shops and amenities are close by.

The home’s caring team has created an attractive family atmosphere, encouraging everyone to eat, celebrate and plan special occasions together.

Residents are invited to decorate their rooms with small items of their own furniture and belongings so that it feels just like home.

Stoneyford’s home manager will make sure that all residents receive the kindest possible care. Its trained team will deliver all the nursing and specialist care and support services that your loved one requires.

Personalised care plans consider not only medical, personal and dietary needs, but also the individual’s likes and dislikes, religious preferences and any suggestions from family members that might make their stay more enjoyable.

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Eating Disorders • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Stoneyford Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Stoneyford Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.3 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Stoneyford Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.341 for Stoneyford Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (103 Excellents x 5) + (94 Goods x 4) + (18 Satisfactorys x 3) + (5 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 220 Ratings = 4.341

The 4.5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Stoneyford Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.500

8.8 Stoneyford Care Home has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.841) from 19 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Stoneyford Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Stoneyford Care Home

Staff are always friendly and helpful. Residents look well and happy, bright and cheerful. A home from home.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Likely

Stoneyford Care Home is a lot like a home from home, I always feel very relaxed when visiting my aunty. Staff are very helpful and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Extremely Likely

We have noticed a distinct improvement in the management of the care home over the last 3 to 4 months since the appointment of the current home manager.
General improvement in cleanliness and staff attitude to caring for the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Likely

When arriving at the nursing home to visit my wife I always get a warm welcome from the staff and an update on how my wife is and how she has been since my last visit. There is always staff around when I visit. Being it is summer and the windows are open the home smells nice and fresh. The home is now offering a relatives day when I can have lunch with my wife. I took up this offer yesterday and I had a very good lunch and pudding with my wife, I think this is a good idea as I am at home this helped her through the meal time. The garden is nice and tidy and nice to sit out in.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Extremely Likely

I find the staff very cooperative to myself when I visit. I am pleased with the general atmosphere of the home and my mum seems to respond positively to the carers as far as I can tell. I have no issues at this time.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Extremely Likely

Have given my mum all the care she needs. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Extremely Likely

All the staff are working very hard to meet the needs of my mother.
The experience I have had is there is not enough time for the staff to engage with my mother for any activities she may be able to enjoy with her very limited eyesight.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Likely

Claire Hurworth, Careline Manager at Stoneyford Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2017:

Thank you for your feedback about your mum’s engagement in activities at the home, I would like to confirm that we have a new dedicated activities team who are all working hard to ensure we have a varied activity programme in place, the new team will ensure residents have a choice of activities that cater for all abilities so no one is excluded if they feel able to participate. We record individual preferences and are committed to providing residents with high quality, kind care.

Dad needed a fast track bed and this was the only one available in the area. We ate with dad just after he'd moved in and the food was poor, both in quality and appearance. On pressing the buzzer for assistance, it was often a long time before anyone came. e.g. Dad had been sick, another time he'd soiled himself. One of the family was with him at these times and searched the whole floor for someone to help.
The room was adequate. Staff were caring but overstretched to cope with the numbers of clients.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Extremely Unlikely

HC-One, Careline Team at Stoneyford Care Home responded to this review on 19 Apr 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We really value the feedback provided by those who use our services.
You have highlighted concerns about the food on offer at the home, and we apologise if we have fallen short of the high standards we aspire to.
Each home has its own dedicated catering team, who prepare all meals using fresh, raw, ingredients. We regularly audit our dining experience to ensure the food is produced and served to a high standard, this includes a tasting of the dishes prepared.
Making sure Residents have a choice of their favourite foods is really important to us. We record individual preferences to make sure our fresh food menus are created around what they want most.
You have raised concerns about staffing levels at the home. Please be assured all of our homes meet or exceed the staffing guidelines that are set by our regulators. We are committed to providing Residents with the high quality, kind care they deserve and therefore tailor our staffing levels to ensure we can meet everyone’s individual needs.
The health, well-being, safety and happiness of Residents are our top priorities, and we work hard every day to ensure we are delivering the high quality, kind care all Residents deserve.

My mum stayed at the home for respite for me and to get mum back on her feet after an illness. It is the first time mum has been in a home. The staff introduced themselves to my mum.
The feedback I had from visitors was how well mum looked and it seemed to be suiting her as she was looking happy.
I visited mum on my return on her birthday and I must say she looked really well. The staff were always pleasant and happy to help with anything if needed. Thank you to everyone for making my mum's stay a lovely time.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Likely

I really have enjoyed getting better in this lovely home from home. So much nicer than being in hospital. My room has also been perfect. Also, all the carers who have helped with my recovery - Thank you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Extremely Likely

A clean homely place. Friendly staff, food is good. They do activities and trips out. Can come and have a meal with the resident if you tell them in the morning. Not too big sitting rooms so you can have space to be with visitors.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Likely

My aunt has settled in well and is enjoying her food. She seems to like the staff that are very helpful and caring.
I noticed straight away how clean Stoneyford is and how the staff interact with the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was fast tracked by the NHS in December 1015. Since then she has gone from not eating and drinking to now having quite a good appetite, all thanks to the staff's patience and care. she is very comfortable and happy. She is clean and nourished. Nothing is too much trouble and I am at ease with the choice I have made. All the staff are very caring and nothing is too much trouble. I thank them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Extremely Likely

When you come to visit it is always welcoming, you are always offered a drink or sandwich, the carers are very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father was admitted into care in October 2015, and was looked after with tenderness and care. The last week or so of his life he required a lot of nursing input which was carried out in a sympathetic and caring manner. All in all he could not have received better care and I will for ever be grateful to the wonderful caring staff of Stoneyford Christian Care Home. They were marvellous!! I know people do make complaints about care homes but i cannot fault Stoneyford or its staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Extremely Likely

Really enjoyed the valentines meal and the entertainment. It was very nice to get a rose as well.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Likely

I was amazed and so thrilled when I came here. Nothing is too much trouble. If I needed anything at all I just have to ask for it. Even down to the smallest pack of salt, I only have to ask. The wonderful staff have put themselves our to get it for me. Thank you Stroneyford. I needed comfortable seating and it was sorted out for me. My Christian side was also needing some help and Stoneyford were so helpful there. I can only reiterate thank you Stoneyford thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in the care home since the end of August. Staff are polite and helpful. 1) I would like my mums hair cut etc.
2) Sometimes she looks in need of a drink/liquid looked very dry. I have mentioned this
3) She seems clean and well managed which is appreciated in difficult circumstances.

How likely would you be to recommend Stoneyford Care Home? Likely

My aunt doesn't always want to be in a nursing home but always describes the care here as very good. She likes her room and says she enjoys the food. I think the staff are very good, caring and welcoming to visitors. I recently had an issue which was dealt with very well buy the manager. I am confident that she is well cared for. My only suggestions would be that in time all rooms should be en suite and that attention to detail could be improved e.g. making sure up to date menus are on the table and the clocks altered after the clocks go back on the day it happened. Feel this would improve the orientation of residents. Thanks for all your help.

Submit a Review for Stoneyford Care Home

posted 08 May 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

July 2017

5* EHO award

Recipient: Stoneyford Care Home

Date: Thursday 12 Jan 2017

Recipient: HC-One

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Stoneyford Care Home